Doctor Who: Sepulchre: starring Tom Baker
Demon Quest is an audio play in five episodes based on the long-running British science fiction television series Doctor Who. It is written by Paul Magrs, and stars Tom Baker as the Fourth Doctor and Richard Franklin as Captain Mike Yates. It was released on five CDs by BBC Audiobooks between September and December 2010. It is a sequel to 2009's Hornets' Nest.
The Relics of Time
(released 2 September 2010)
- The Doctor returns to Nest Cottage in Sussex a year after defeating the alien Hornets. But while doing some maintenance on the TARDIS, his housekeeper, Mrs Wibbsey takes four pieces of the ship's spacial geometer and trades them to a mysterious figure for four paper items that seem to have some relation to the Doctor. Now they must travel throughout time to learn their significance and find the missing components. The first item is a page from a history book discussing a Mosaic that depicts the Doctor's face. So he and Wibbsey go back to Ancient Britain, circa 43 AD, shortly before Emperor Claudius' Roman invasion. There they find two warring tribes, one of which is being aided by a wise wizard.
The Demon of Paris
(released 7 October 2010)
- The Doctor takes Mrs Wibbsey to Paris in 1894 to discover why his face is on a famous Aristide Bruant poster by Toulouse-Lautrec. But a spate of disappearances has sent the city into a panic, and some suspect the famous diminutive artist. While the Doctor finds himself performing at the Moulin Rouge, Mrs. Wibbsey becomes Lautrec's newest muse. Finally they all come together in a deadly showdown in Montmartre Cemetery with the Demon of Paris.
A Shard of Ice
(released 4 November 2010)
- Page 407 of an old, leather-bound book of fairy tales features an illustration of a horned monster battling both the Doctor and Retired Captain Mike Yates. So the Doctor reunites with his old UNIT colleague and takes him to a snow blind Germanic landscape in 1847. The first person they meet is the very man listed as the book's author, Albert Tiermann, storyteller to the King. Together the three men confront the Ice Queen, resplendent upon her diamond throne.
(released 2 December 2010)
- The final item, the cover of a comic book featuring all their likenesses, brings the Doctor, Yates and Wibbsey to New York City in 1976. There they find that a meteorite has crashed in Central Park, giving an ordinary girl superpowers.
(released 2 December 2010)
- Yates and the Doctor track down Mrs Wibbsey and make their final stand on the demon's home, Sepulchre.
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other shoppers!